Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional metal braces for people who want to straighten their teeth. One of the most common questions asked about Invisalign is “What is the success rate?” In this article, we will explore the success rate of Invisalign and what factors affect the outcome of treatment.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth. These aligners are custom-made for each patient and are designed to gradually move the teeth into the desired position. Invisalign aligners are made of a smooth, clear plastic material that is virtually invisible when worn, making them a popular choice for people who want to straighten their teeth without drawing attention to their braces.
Success rate of Invisalign
The success rate of Invisalign is high, with most patients achieving the desired results. According to the company, the success rate of Invisalign is over 96%. However, it is important to note that the success rate can vary depending on a number of factors.
Factors that affect the success rate of Invisalign
- Compliance: One of the most important factors that affect the success rate of Invisalign is patient compliance. Invisalign aligners must be worn for at least 22 hours a day, and patients must follow the treatment plan prescribed by their dentist or orthodontist. Failure to wear the aligners as directed can result in a longer treatment time or even a lack of success.
- Complexity of the case: The complexity of the case can also affect the success rate of Invisalign. Invisalign is typically recommended for mild to moderate cases of crooked or crowded teeth. Severe cases may require traditional braces or other orthodontic treatments.
- Experience of the dentist or orthodontist: The experience and skill of the dentist or orthodontist can also affect the success rate of Invisalign. It is important to choose a provider who has experience with Invisalign and who has a good track record of successful cases.
- Patient age: The success rate of Invisalign may also vary depending on the age of the patient. Invisalign is most effective for teenagers and adults, as their teeth and jaws have finished developing. Invisalign is not recommended for children or young teens, as their teeth and jaws are still growing.
- Patient’s oral health: The success rate of Invisalign can also be affected by the patient’s oral health. Patients with gum disease or other oral health issues may not be good candidates for Invisalign.
It is important to have realistic expectations when it comes to Invisalign treatment. While the success rate is high, not all cases are the same, and some patients may require additional treatment to achieve the desired results. It is also important to follow the treatment plan prescribed by the dentist or orthodontist and to maintain good oral hygiene during the treatment process.
Invisalign vs. traditional braces
Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional metal braces, but it is not the best choice for everyone. Traditional braces are often recommended for severe cases of crooked or crowded teeth, as they are more effective at moving teeth into the desired position. However, traditional braces can be more uncomfortable and can require more frequent adjustments.
Invisalign is a popular and effective treatment for mild to moderate cases of crooked or crowded teeth. The success rate of Invisalign is high, but it can vary depending on a number of factors. Patients who are considering Invisalign should choose a provider who has experience with the treatment and who can provide realistic expectations for the outcome. With proper compliance and care, Invisalign can provide a beautiful, healthy smile that lasts a lifetime.
At Viva Dental Wellness in South Edmonton, our experienced team of dentists have helped many patients achieve their desired results with Invisalign treatment. We understand that every case is unique, and we take the time to develop a customized treatment plan that meets each patient’s specific needs and goals. Our team has a proven track record of successful Invisalign cases, and we are committed to helping our patients achieve a beautiful, healthy smile that they can be proud of. If you are considering Invisalign, we invite you to schedule a consultation with us to discuss your options and learn more about the treatment process.